Oh My

iMak7

Russian, English
Hi!
Can this interjection be used in the following case expressing anger:
"Palpatine, oh my, then brought him to the dark side". I know it might sound a bit ridiculous but that's a part of my song, so it's difficult to change the whole phrase.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Expressing anger? No, this phrase certainly does not express anger. It expresses surprise, and might be what was said by a sweet old grandmother who remembered that Palpatin used to be such a nice and polite young man when he was young.

Last edited:

ewie

English English
    Hi Imak. I agree with GWB above. To express anger you could do with something a lot angrier ~ Oh shit! or God damn! or similar.

iMak7

Russian, English
    Thank you but I just needed a rhyme to a word 'guy'. And is this varient correct:
    "Palpatine unkindly brought him to the dark side"?

Last edited:

ewie

English English
    Well, there's no idea of anger at all in that, Imak. (It's also 3 syllables so you've just added a syllable to your line:() Could you give us the line before this one and the line after? Also: some idea of what the song's about, if it isn't clear from the bit you quote.

iMak7

Russian, English
    I'm trying to make a Star Wars parody (about Darth Vader) using the music from 'Get Back' by the Beatles.
    Here's the first verse:
    "Annie was a guy who'd learned to be a jedi,
    But became another man.
    Palpatine unkindly brought him to the dark side
    And then made him change his name.
    Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged etc."
    I think now it suits here even though there's no anger.

Last edited:

ewie

English English
    The three syllables seem to fit perfectly (with the way I remember that tune). Is there really a guy called 'Annie' ... ?:confused::confused::confused:

< Previous | Next >