OK we are putting forward.

Baltic Sea

Banned
Polish
Hello all users!

OK we are putting forward.
This term is from a workmate of mine who, in turn, saw the sentence in an email from a native speaker of English.
Under "Greetings from him" is this text:
OK we are putting forward. I know that you are not the cheapest yard but the owner has the final decision.

In my opinion, taking into account the second sentence in boldface, the sentence under discussion means "OK we are submitting something to the Owner and letting him take the final decision". Thank you. The source: This term is from a workmate of mine who, in turn, saw the sentence in an email from a native speaker of English.

• KHS

I would normally expect an object, that is: We are putting it forward.
    In other words, sending the information on or presenting the information to someone.

It may be that, as happens more often in email than in other written contexts, the object got left out.

Last edited:

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    It doesn't sound right to me. The message seems to be saying that the owner has decided to do business with this particular yard, even though they're not the cheapest available. The sentence that would make sense to me preceding that explanation would be: "OK, we are going forward." (That is, the people receiving the message have been chosen for the project or transaction.) "Putting" doesn't make sense.

< Previous | Next >