older students spend their weekends somewhat similiar to...

ybnvus2000

english united states
I think older students spend their weekends somewhat similiar to what a student does that is 18-22. The older students that have families like I do might spend their weekends with their families. They might alos do house work if they haven't did it during the week.The students that are 18-22 might party their whole weekend. But some of the younger students might go home to their parents and spend time with them. The older students might also own their own house or rent an apartment. some of the younger students might either rent an apartment or live at home with their parents.

can some one please translate this paragraph for me in spanish.

• el_empollon

Spain Spanish/English
    ybnvus2000 said:
    I think older students spend their weekends somewhat similiar to what a student does that is 18-22. The older students that have families like I do might spend their weekends with their families. They might alos do house work if they haven't did it during the week.The students that are 18-22 might party their whole weekend. But some of the younger students might go home to their parents and spend time with them. The older students might also own their own house or rent an apartment. some of the younger students might either rent an apartment or live at home with their parents.

Hello ybnvus2000,

How about you send us your attempt and we'll make corrections/suggestions to it (if necessary)? :)

¡Saludos!

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Hi ybnvus2000... and welcome to WordReference.

I fully agree with Empollón. Please try to render your translation first and we'll gladly correct you if necessary.

On another note, you will notice I have changed your thread's title in order to include a portion of your paragraph. Including a full sentence on the thread title is customary here at WordReference for two important reasons:
    1) it assists our dictionaries' Search function
    2) it provides at-a-glance thread identification

So please keep this in mind when opening your next threads... and we thank you in advance for your full cooperation in this regard. :thumbsup:

Saludos,
    LN

ybnvus2000

english united states
    Here is what I have so far i was stuck that is why asked for help
    yo pensar vejez estudiante gastar sus de semana. Algo parecido hace que un estudiante diez y ocho- veinte y dos. El vejez estudiante esa tener familias gustan yo todo poder gastar

can you please help me

el_empollon

Spain Spanish/English
    ybnvus2000 said:
    Here is what I have so far i was stuck that is why asked for help
    yo pensar vejez estudiante gastar sus de semana. Algo parecido hace que un estudiante diez y ocho- veinte y dos. El vejez estudiante esa tener familias gustan yo todo poder gastar

can you please help me
    Hola,

Here's my attempt on the first two sentences:

Yo creo que los estudiantes mayores pasan los fines de semana de forma similar a los estudiantes de 18 a 22 años. Puede que los estudiantes mayores que tienen familias como yo pasen los fines de semanas con ellos.

But I recommend you wait for suggestions/corrections.

¡Un saludo!

Galianne

USA
    Cuba-Spanish
    ybnvus2000 said:
    I think older students spend their weekends somewhat similiar to the students between the ages of 18-22. The older students that have families like I do might spend their weekends with their families. They might also do house work if they haven't done it during the week.The students that are 18-22 might party their whole weekend. But some of the younger students might go home to their parents and spend time with them. The older students might also own their own house or rent an apartment. some of the younger students might either rent an apartment or live at home with their parents.

I took the liberty of making some corrections to your original paragraph. I hope you don't mind.;)
    Here's my translation:
    Creo que los estudiantes mayores pasan los fines de semana algo parecido a como los pasan los estudiantes entre las edades de 18-22 años. Los estudiantes mayores que tienen familia como yo pueden pasar los fines de semana con sus familias. Ellos también pueden hacer (if by house work you mean chores:confused: ) los quehaceres si no los habían hecho durante la semana. Los estudiantes de 18-22 pueden pasársela fiestando todo el fin de semana. Pero los estudiantes menores pueden ir a sus casas y pasar algún tiempo con sus padres. Los estudiantes mayores pueden también tener sus propias casas or rentar un apartamento. Algunos de los estudiantes menores pueden rentar un apartamento o vivir con sus padres.

I'm sorry if it sounds too repetitive but it was the best I could do with the original paragraph. I hope it helps you.:)

Please forgive me for any spelling errors. I was in a hurry.

el_empollon

Spain Spanish/English
    Here's my attempt at the rest of the entire paragraph:

They might alos do house work if they haven't did it during the week.The students that are 18-22 might party their whole weekend. But some of the younger students might go home to their parents and spend time with them. The older students might also own their own house or rent an apartment. some of the younger students might either rent an apartment or live at home with their parents.
    Además, puede que hagan la limpieza de la casa si no la habían hecho durante la semana. Los estudiantes que tienen entre 18 y 22 años puede que pasen todo el fin de semana festejando. No obstante, los estudiantes menores puede que vayan a casa de sus padres y que lo pasen con ellos. Puede que los estudiantes mayores tengan su propia casa o que alquilen un apartamento. Algunos de los estudiantes menores puede que alquilen un apartamiento o que vivan en casa con sus padres.

I suggest you wait suggestions/corrections. I was rushing.

Oops, I didn't see galianne's attempt. :D

¡Un saludo!

ybnvus2000

english united states
    thanks Galianne and el empollon you gus really helped me out i dont no what i would have done if i didnt have you guyshelp

< Previous | Next >