Senior Member
UK English
Une ‘ombrière’. I know what this is. ‘(Architecture) Structure destinée à fournir de l’ombre constituée d'une surface horizontale à claire-voie et de ses supports’.
But I don’t know how you’d say this is in English. The context is only my curiosity (I don’t have to translate it). But having seen the new ‘ombrière’ in Marseille, I wondered what we would call this.
There is one thread on the word which suggests ‘shade house’ but this seems to be exclusively a shaded space in a greenhouse for growing plants.
Could anyone help? Thank you.
  • baghera13

    New Member
    Je suis guide touristique et la traduction sun-shelter me paraît bien adapté et imagé comme la langue anglaise.
    Thank you.