on a granular level

Monnik

Mexico - Spanish/English
Field and topic:
IT - Working on a translation having to do with Network Security.
---------------------

Sample sentence:
A successful IT policy consists of not only written guidelines, but also built-in safeguards that allow those policies to be enforced on a granular level.

My question is on how to adequately translate "granular level". I don't know whether this particular phrase falls into the "specialized terminology" realm or if it's something used more commonly and figuratively.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks a million.

• Lagartija

English, USA
    Monnik said:
    Field and topic:
    ---------------------

Sample sentence:
    A successful IT policy consists of not only written guidelines, but also built-in safeguards that allow those policies to be enforced on a granular level.

My question is on how to adequately translate "granular level". I don't know whether this particular phrase falls into the "specialized terminology" realm or if it's something used more commonly and figuratively.

Thanks a million.
    IT is not my area of specialty, but since no one else has replied....
    I suspect that "granular level" is being used figuratively to describe safeguards to ensure compliance at the level of the individual user.

Maybe other Forer@s will add their opinions.

enğin

Turkish
    Field and topic:
    ---------------------

Sample sentence:

Thanks a million.

granular level means a level in a very detailed level, technically.

uminuscula

Español-España
    granular level means a level in a very detailed level, technically.

Cierto. En mi opinión "a nivel granular" es un calco que no se entiende bien en español.

Creo que se puede traducir, según el contexto, por "a nivel microscópico", "de manera pormenorizada" o "en el detalle"