On a rolling basis

May somebody kind feel like sharing with me the meaning of the expression “on a rolling basis”?
The context is as follows: “Acceptances will be made on a rolling basis and notifications will be sent by Wednesday.”
I would be very much thankful if someone would be obliging enough as to collaborate with me.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    You did well to include the sentence, Miltonborja.

However, please also tell us what these are acceptances to or for, which is also part of the context. It will help us have more confidence in our suggstions. :)

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I believe that they are telling your that rather than wait for a deadline to decide which proposals they will accept and then sending out all acceptances at once, those in charge will evaluate the submissions as they come in and send out acceptances as soon as they have decided that the material is suitable.

If this is for a journal, probably they will be sending out batches of acceptances for each issue in succession.

If this is for a conference, or for a one-time publication, this probably means that the earlier you get your submission in, the better your chance of being included. If they accept suitable submissions as they arrive, at some point they may have filled all available slots, and be compelled to reject submissions that come after that.

(Good luck.)

Nymeria

English - Barbadian/British/educated in US universities blend
    May somebody kind feel like sharing with me the meaning of the expression “on a rolling basis”?
    The context is as follows: “Acceptances will be made on a rolling basis and notifications will be sent by Wednesday.”
    I would be very much thankful if someone would be obliging enough as to collaborate with me.
    Just FYI, a more natural way of phrasing the original question (but still staying true to your word choice) would be:

Would some kind person please share with me the meaning of the expression "on a rolling basis"?

[same as above]

I would be very thankful if someone would oblige me by helping.

< Previous | Next >