on account of

MaryamSeresht

Persian
Good evening,

I've read this part many times, and still I don't know how to read it!

1- Now and then, on account of the newness of landscape between them, she recalled certain delicate observations.............
2- Now and then, she recalled certain delicate observations she had made during her own explorations before the mirror that, on account of the newness of landscape between them, had been overlooked by Gyan.

Now and then, she recalled certain delicate observations she had made during her own explorations before the mirror that had been overlooked by Gyan, on account of the newness of landscape between them. It was, she knew herself, a matter of education to learn how to look at a woman, and worried that Gyan wasn't entirely aware of how lucky he was.
Here these two lovers measure and show parts of their bodies to each other, out of their new-born love.

Many thanks.
Chapter 20 of Inheritance of Loss, a novel by Kiran Desai.

• LilianaB

Banned
    Lithuanian
    I think it means the reason being that their relationship was new and Gyan did not have enough time perhaps or education how to look at women to notice everything she had noticed about herself in front of the mirror.

< Previous | Next >