one another

< Previous | Next >

TerryWang

Taiwan
Hello,

I found one sentence as follows:

"Would you like to move the selected employees from a training plan to one another?"

I am curious as well as confused why it used "one another" here. Is that a correct usage in this situation?

Maybe "Would you like to move the selected employees from a training plan to another?" would be easier to understand. Am I right?

Thank you.

• Hello,

I found one sentence as follows:

"Would you like to move the selected employees from a training plan to one another?"

I am curious as well as confused why it used "one another" here. Is that a correct usage in this situation?

Maybe "Would you like to move the selected employees from a training plan to another?" would be easier to understand.

Thank you.
    from one training plan to another, then.

could you possibly provide a little bit more of the context?

TerryWang

Taiwan
    from one training plan to another, then.

could you possibly provide a little bit more of the context?
    Hello, Setwale_Charm. Sorry, but I am afraid I don't have physical information to provide. But as far as I know, it seems like a question shown in an interface that asks you to decide between the options "yes" and "no", but I cannot have access to this interface. So I can't get more info for you.

Flash3

United States and American English
    Neither of them sounds natural in American English. I'd say "Would you like to move the selected employees from one training plan to another?"

That sounds OK, even though selected seems rather unnecessary here. If that was used in a conversation, "those employees" would almost certainly be used instead of "the selected employees."

TerryWang

Taiwan
    Thanks, Flash3, "from one....to another" seems a correct usage and easy to understand. That's why I was trying to figure out the meaning of the sentence and couldn't get any result.

< Previous | Next >