one-sided

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Can anybody think of a convenient synonym for "one-sided" in describing economies which lack balance and rely mostly on one or two major industries for financing and survival of the region?
    One dimensional;)

If you are having an attack of political kerrectitude or diplomacy you might say
    'concentrated'. If you wish to be unctuously kind, there is 'intensely focused' or 'heavily dependent':D

Maine's economy, like that of many less developed regions, depends heavily on [is one dimensional, relying heavily on...] (is intensely focused on...) fishing and tourism.

winklepicker

English (UK)
    Can anybody think of a convenient synonym for "one-sided" in describing economies which lack balance and rely mostly on one or two major industries for financing and survival of the region?
    Under-diversified?

It rather depends on the context. What is the context by the way? wink.gif

When the expression or word is part of a large text, it is usually hard to provide the full context wihout quoting an entire page at least.
    I should think that with regard to adopted terms one has no need for that;). If you know anything about economics, you would be able to come up with an answer, if not, context is not much help anyway.

Thank you all. I have finally finished the article anyway.

JamesM

I missed this one. I would have suggested "lopsided", "narrow-based" (the opposite of "broad-based"), or "undiversified". :)

What did you end up using, Setwale_Charm?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >