Online Shop: Welcome at/to

frankb

German
Hi,

I am setting up an online shop thats called

Flower Palace

I am trying to record my voicemail for the customers and would like to welcome them and have four options for the first sentence.
I am mother language German so i am not sure which its the best option:

- Welcome to Flower Palace
- Welcome to the Flower Palace
- Welcome at Flower Palace
- Welcome at the Flower Palace

Which would you think is the most suitable/correct version and why ?

Right now I think that "TO" its better but not sure about "THE" in front.

Thanks for your help

Frank

• Copyright

American English
    It's voice mail, so you're not welcoming anyone really: Thank you for calling (the) Flower Palace. Etc.

If they're stepping through the palace door, you can say, Welcome to (the) Flower Palace.

For me, "the" is optional. I would go with what sounds best.

rhitagawr

British English
    It's welcome to. But I take Copyright's point. It's Flower Palace if your shop is called simply Flower Palace. It's the Flower Palace if your shop is called The Flower Palace.

frankb

German
    Hi and thanks so far.

After reading your suggestions i will post my whole idea about the voicemail. It will be played during the offline hours (evening/night) as well as if the line is busy so i have to keep it pretty open.
    Do you have any further suggestions. I would like to keep it short, 30 to 40 words

Here are two suggestions:

Thank You for calling the Flower Palace !
    Right now we are not available. Please leave a message. We will call you back as soon as possible.

Thank You for calling the Flower Palace !
    Right now we are not available. Please leave a message. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Copyright

American English
    Thank you for calling the Flower Palace.
    Right now we are not available. Please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as possible.

< Previous | Next >