Only the coverage of commentator Red Barber's death generated more tape requests, I have been told.

< Previous | Next >

Vanloon

Hindi
47: Christmas and Commerce - This American Life

Ira Glass
Four Christmases ago, those were the words which introduced radio listeners across the country to David Sedaris. His account of working as a department store elf for two Christmas seasons was immediately one of the most popular stories ever broadcast on National Public Radio's Morning Edition. Only the coverage of commentator Red Barber's death generated more tape requests, I have been told. It is with pleasure that we broadcast it again today.

Q: I cannot understand the whole sentence. Could you explain about it? Thanks in advance!

• Vanloon

Hindi
    I have been told that the only item that was requested more often was the radio broadcast of the death of [sports?] commentator Red Barber.
    Wow, Now I see. In terms of the audiences, that 'David Sedaris' story is the second to last famous or popular story. Right?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Wow, Now I see. In terms of the audiences, that 'David Sedaris' story is the second to last famous or popular story. Right?
    Wow, Now I see. In terms of the audience requests [for a repeat], that [no quotation mark]David Sedaris[no quotation mark] story is the second to last most popular story. Right?

Yes.

Vanloon

Hindi
    Wow, Now I see. In terms of the audience requests [for a repeat], that [no quotation mark]David Sedaris[no quotation mark] story is the second to last most popular story. Right?

Yes.
    Wow, Thanks a lot for your kind answer! It helps a lot!

< Previous | Next >