open bookings

< Previous | Next >

Duchess of Fire

Persian
Hi, I could use a bit of help.

I'm dealing with some French-speaking companies (and their accounting departments) and while I do speak French relatively well, I never really learned French accounting lingo. I'm trying to find a translation for "open bookings", which is kind of in reference to bookkeeping. It doesn't seem to make sense to use 'réservations', so are there any suggestions?

• Arbiter

French | Français
    Your colleagues should understand booking, for it is also used in French... But anyhow, you may use "inscription en compte".

Duchess of Fire

Persian
    Ooh okay, so would it be grammatically correct to say, "les bookings ouverts?"

La quéstion est si tu as les bookings ouverts jusqu'au 31 Décembre...

Last edited:

vanagreg

France, French
    Ah, by "open bookings" I mean incomplete transactions, or similar.
    sorry to insist but do you have a more precise definition?

The accounting vocabulary is a very specific one, so it would help.

By the way, I've never heard the term "booking" used in French accounting.

Duchess of Fire

Persian
    Okay, I'm afraid my accounting vocabulary is primarily in German. Let me see if I can do at least a partial translation for you.

In German, it's "buchungen," which translates in English out to a recording of entries or summary data. I hope this helps!

vanagreg

France, French
    Okay, I'm afraid my accounting vocabulary is primarily in German. Let me see if I can do at least a partial translation for you.

In German, it's "buchungen," which translates in English out to a recording of entries or summary data. I hope this helps!

The verb is "journaliser" in French. So you can use the term "journal" ("journaux" in plural) when talking about bookings.

< Previous | Next >