Senior Member
English - UK
I'm trying to find the best way to translate "open-textured" in relation to a knitted fabric, as follows:

(The manufacturer) recommends that it (i.e. the yarn) is knitted on bigger needles than you might expect, which produces a more open-textured fabric.

(Le fabricant) recommande qu'on la tricote avec des aiguilles plus grosses que l'on suppose, ce qui produit un tricot plus...?

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to say this?
  • Yasminh14

    Senior Member
    English - UK
    Thanks a lot, I like "tricot aéré", that seems the most appropriate to me. Looking at the images in the link, they don't seem to illustrate what is meant. I have now found reference to "tricot aéré" in some knitting forums though, and that seems to be the right word in this instance. Thanks again!
    < Previous | Next >