operative nursing?

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Could be, but someone who provides nursing services during surgery is generally called a surgical nurse, at least in the US. The terms may be different elsewhere.

pob14

American English
    Camlearner, take a close look at that site. It's a page of search results, based on a search somebody did for the words "operative" and "nurse", not the phrase "operative nurse.". All the results I looked at used the terms separately, not as a unit.

What I'm saying is the same as the above posters have said: "operative nurse" is simply not used.

Camlearner

Khmer
    Oh !! so that "operative nurse" word is not born yet :confused: but I'm very sure that I hear it during a meeting another past day.

cycloneviv

English - Australia
    The position names "peri-operative nurse" and "pre-operative nurse" do seem to be actual terms. They are to be found on the websites of numerous US-based hospitals. I would imagine a pre-/peri-operative nurse would deal with patients in the period immediately prior to an operation.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    but I'm very sure that I hear it during a meeting another past day.:cross:
    but I'm certain that I heard it during a meeting the other day. :tick:

It is possible that you did, but what was the context?

"She is an operative nurse" can possibly mean, "She is a nurse who is currently working as a nurse, [and not, for example, as a medical secretary.]" (see also operational)

Camlearner

Khmer
    Thanks PaulQ for the correction of my mistake grammer.

The context is we discuss about emergency triage context. Then we should have operative nurse something to take care patients... if I can remember clearly.

< Previous | Next >