opposite of expired

apricoti

English
I have a document that will be valid in the future for a specified period of time - it could be a contract, or a certificate of good standing, or a power of attorney, etc. The document exists now but has specific dates in the future when it will be honored for its intended purpose.

The word "expired" means that the document's validity period is in the past: "expired document"

The word "current" means that the document's validity period is in the present: "current document"

What is the word that means the document's validity period is in the future?? In other words, I'm looking for a single word meaning "not yet valid", to be used in a fragment like "???? document"

The word "future" itself does not seem suitable because the document exists now... it is not a "future document". It's just not valid yet.

When I talk about bananas not being ready to eat yet I can say "unripe" or "green" but this doesn't seem right when talking about a document.

Any ideas?

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Other than "pending," which is not quite right, I can't think of an adjective that would work. "Document not yet in force" would be appropriate.

< Previous | Next >