Or Owen Walker, a.k.a Akill.

hack3rcon

Russian
Hello.
I'm reading Mafiaboy book from Michael Calce and I want to know what does "Or Owen Walker, a.k.a Akill" mean? It is a little odd!!! Why author said thsese words?
"Think of the cybercrime gangs that targeted online gambling sites in 2004, demanding they pay between US$10,000 and US$50,000 in extortion money to keep their sites safe from botnet attacks. Or Owen Walker, a.k.a Akill".
For more information you can see "Mafiaboy".

Thank you.

• hack3rcon

Russian
    I know "a.k.a" mean "Also know as" but I can't understand why the author write "Or Owen Walker, a.k.a Akill" !!! Can it mean "cybercrime gangs or Owen Walker, a.k.a Akill targeted online gambling sites in 2004..." ?

heypresto

English - England
    He seems to be asking you to "Think of the cybercrime gangs that targeted online gambling sites in 2004 . . . or Owen Walker." Why, or how this relates to the rest of the book, I've no idea. Maybe it will all become clear as you continue reading.

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    He is saying "if you want examples of computer hacking criminals, think of (the first example) the gangs that targeted gambling sites, or think of (the second example) Owen Walker."

It is the same structure as "Some Russian rulers were not really Russian at all. Think of Czar Peter III. Or Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst, a.k.a. Catherine the Great."

hack3rcon

Russian
    He is saying "if you want examples of computer hacking criminals, think of (the first example) the gangs that targeted gambling sites, or think of (the second example) Owen Walker."

It is the same structure as "Some Russian rulers were not really Russian at all. Think of Czar Peter III. Or Sophie of Anhalt-Zerbst, a.k.a. Catherine the Great."
    Thank you so much.

< Previous | Next >