ordinateur-panneau

< Previous | Next >

Heulwen

English - UK
I'm guessing that this is probably a tablet, but I thought those were usually called 'tablette'. Could anyone kindly confirm? It's certainly some kind of computer, mainly intended for use by children.

Many thanks.

• Heulwen

English - UK
    Hello moustic. Thank you for your help. I do some translation for a leisure/social club and this sentence comes from the minutes of a meeting there. It says: "Etant donné que les ordinateurs sont utilisés quasi uniquement par les enfants, peut-on les remplacer par des ordinateurs-panneaux avec des jeux éducatifs ?" If this term isn't generally understood, I can go back to my contact at the club and ask him what they mean.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    Wouldn't this be a wall-mounted computer, tablet (or, especially if there is no keyboard involved) touchscreen?

Perhaps « ordinateur-panneau » was the author's effort to describe what is normally known as un écran tactile.

(Edited for a further suggestion)

Last edited:

Heulwen

English - UK
    Thank you, wildan1. I was wondering whether it was something like that, but a google search didn't come up with anything that seemed appropriate. I'll try this idea on my contact at the club and I'll post his reaction here for future reference.

I'm grateful to you both for your help.

Heulwen

English - UK
    I've spoken to my contact in the club management: this was a comment made by a club member, and he's not quite sure what that person intended or what the ordinateurs-panneaux would look like. We've settled on touchscreen computers. Hopefully everyone will understand that. Thank you all for your help.

< Previous | Next >