"organization" and "order" in terms of describing the universe

HolyUnicorn

Mandarin / the Shanghai Dialect
Hello,

I am trying to figure out the difference between #1 and #2.

1. There is order in the universe.

2. There is organization in the universe.

With this question in mind, I came across this article. Difference between Organization and Order
"Organization is what gives a multiplicity of parts an organic unity. In other words, organization is an holistic concept, according to which a true whole is higher than the sum of its parts (see here). "
"Order is lower in essence than organization. Order means simply configuration, pattern, layout of elements in the space. ......Order is simple static patterns, organization is complex dynamic systems. "

After reading this article, I am still confused with the difference between "order" and "organization" in terms of describing the universe. Does "order" refer to the state of being organized? Does "organization" imply that God is organizing the whole system?

• Chasint

English - England
    After reading this article, I am still confused with the difference between "order" and "organization" in terms of describing the universe. Does "order" refer to the state of being organized? Does "organization" imply that God is organizing the whole system?
    I don't think that we can go simply by dictionary definitions here.

My understanding of 'order' is that there are laws of nature and these laws allow us to make predictions and make sense of the world. The opposite of order would be chaos.

Does "organization" imply that God is organizing the whole system?
    That is what I take it to mean. Others may disagree - including the author of the article..

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >