organizations could <leverage><outsource> the skills

pickup

" España, español"
Hi

I would like to know if leverage is a synonym of to outsource in the following context.

"Rather than building relationships with individual carriers and installing transportation management system (TMS) software, these organizations could leverage the skills and technologies of third party logistics (3PL) firms.

Thank you for your answers

Regards

pickup

• pickup

" España, español"
    Hi Paul

Maybe leverage could mean "try to imitate what other companies do"

I´ll give you another example in which the word leverage is used in the same context and meaning as in the first sentence.(my argument is based on your definition)

"First, identify the key components - people who possess supply chain skills, information technology that promotes real time information access, and supply chain processes that provide efficient flows (see Figure 3). Next, determine if these capabilities exist in the organization or can be developed internally. If development time and cost is too steep or there are internal barriers to success, leverage the expertise and capabilities of supply chain partners."
    My question is:

How can a company make advantageous use of the expertise and capabilities of other companies?

My first example:

"Rather than building relationships with individual carriers and installing transportation management system (TMS) software, these organizations could leverage the skills and technologies of third party logistics (3PL) firms"

How can a company make advantageous use of the skills and technologies of third party logistics firms? (in my opinion a third party logistic firm is a subcontractor (outsourcing)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >