Ortopedista, ortopédico, ortopeda

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by Houellebecq1, Mar 8, 2011.

  1. Houellebecq1 Senior Member

    English - United States

    I see there are a few ways of saying "orthopedist" in Spanish: ortopedista, ortopédico, and ortopeda. Is there a term that is more common in Mexican Spanish? Thanks in advance.
  2. fsabroso

    fsabroso Moderadiólogo

    South Texas
    Perú / Castellano
    All of them are understood ... but none of them are used, at least not in Peru, we use "Especialista en Ortopedia"

  3. Houellebecq1 Senior Member

    English - United States
    Thanks fsabroso.
  4. LA Cradad Senior Member

    English USA
    I spoke with a friend of mine in Laredo, Texas, close to the Mexican border. He is a physician and sees many clients from Mexico. Ortopedista was the term most commonly used as far as he knew.
  5. weblau Senior Member

    ¿Alguien sabe la diferencia entre Ortopedista, Cirujano Ortopédico, Cirujano Ortopedista, Traumatólogo? Gracias.

Share This Page