otra vez el juego (futbol y patria) dejando sus huellas...

Behappy282

English
Hello, can anyone help me out? I'm translating an artical called "Que los cumple feliz" about the tenth anniversary of the football match between Argentina and England in 1986...

"otra vez el juego (futbol y patria) dejando sus huellas sobre cosas serias, para mi gusto una de sus manifestaciones mas odiosas."

Thanks

• Andoush

Spanish (Argentina)
    Hello, can anyone help me out? I'm translating an artical article called "Que los cumpla feliz" about the tenth anniversary of the football match between Argentina and England in 1986... "otra vez el juego (futbol y patria) dejando sus huellas sobre cosas serias, para mi gusto una de sus manifestaciones mas odiosas." Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, Behappy!
    Are you having trouble understanding the sentence? Would you like to give it a go first (as per the forum rules)?

Behappy282

English
    Hi,
    My attempt, "once again the match (for football and homeland) is leaving its mark on serious issues, in my opinion one of it's most hateful demonstrations" is my attempt, I understand the sentence, I just can't get it worded right!
    Thanks!

Andoush

Spanish (Argentina)
    I wonder whether it shouldn't be in simple present: "Once again, a match (representing both football and homeland) leaves its mark on serious issues..."
    Let's wait for other opinions just in case, ok?
    Take care, Behappy!

< Previous | Next >