Our future is one of cameras on high poles

< Previous | Next >

y.behrooz

farsi
I was reading an article in Daily Mail and I came across the following sentence. The article was titled " An everyday dilemma in modern Britain" and it was about bus rage. Thank you in advance.

Our future is one of cameras on high poles, soulless shopping malls, children with idle hands and empty heads and enough dole money for booze.

I cannot understand what the author meant by the bold and underlined parts, but I can almost grasp the rest of it.

• ILT

México - Español/Castellano
    They are talking about all the video cameras London has located all over the city.
    Some are concerned that in the future nothing will be private since cameras will be able to see and record everyone.

y.behrooz

farsi
    They are talking about all the video cameras London has located all over the city.
    Some are concerned that in the future nothing will be private since cameras will be able to see and record everyone.

Thanks ILT, but the problem is that your interpretation which is quite brilliant does not fit the context.

y.behrooz

farsi
    Well, then may we ask you for more context, please?

Sure, here it comes:( it's the story of a man who experiences a bus rage on a Sunday bus ride)

Never, in 12 years of Londn life, walking about at all times of day and night, did I have a close shave, let alone face any real trouble. No, the real front line is here, in small towns like this. Our future... But it's not the fear of the fist, or the knife I hate. It's the gagging order.

P.S. Sorry, but I have to go to work now, so I may not be able to answer any further questions or appreciate your responses. However, I would like to thank you all in advance.

< Previous | Next >