Ourson perché

Rona61

United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to get the general sense of a kids' story. It's about a lost and found kite: the context is as follows:

- Vous avez sauvé mon cerf-volant ! Mais comment ? demande Tigger.
- Eh bien, on jouait à ourson perché quand le cerf-volant s’est coincé dans les branches d’un arbre, dit Winnie.

I am wondering if 'ourson perché' is a specific game, because I can't make much sense of this sentence otherwise. Any help would be much appreciated.

• dewsy

England, english
    Hello

Is it not "Pooh sticks"? Winnie is on a bridge with Piglet and they throw twigs into the river and run to the other side of the bridge to see which twig wins.

PIKILIA

(Québec) French
    hello,

Chat perché is a tag game. In this context, maybe they say : Ourson perché because it's Winnie the bear...

Does it make sense?

Rona61

United Kingdom
    Thanks so much - it would make a lot of sense if the 'ourson perché' was what the French have translated Pooh sticks as in the Pooh stories.

Sorry about the kite reference, it was a bit of a red herring I think - I should have given more context. It's only in the passage becasue they have found Tigger's lost kite, and he wants to know how they came across it.

< Previous | Next >