Out of/Among/Of 141 nations,

< Previous | Next >

philanguy

MotherEarth;Chinese
Hi,

--Are the following all right and all but identical in meaning? Many thanks to you in advance.

--Out of 141 nations, study found the world's greenest, most livable place is Finland.
--Among 141 nations, ...
--Of 141 nations, ...

• floise

U.S.;English
    Good evening Philanguy,

I would choose:

--Out of 141 nations, a study found the world's greenest, most livable place is Finland.

But I think it sounds better like this:

A study of 141 countries found Finland to be the world's greenest, most livable place.

Floise

philanguy

MotherEarth;Chinese
    Good evening Philanguy,

I would choose:

--Out of 141 nations, a study found the world's greenest, most livable place is Finland.

But I think it sounds better like this:

A study of 141 countries found Finland to be the world's greenest, most livable place.

Floise
    Many thanks to you Floise.
    And good morning to you!

To be clear, are the following right?

A study found the world's greenest, most livable place out of/among/of 141 nations is Finland.

Blues Piano Man

USA English
    Hi,

--Are the following all right and all but identical in meaning? Many thanks to you in advance.

--Out of 141 nations, study found the world's greenest, most livable place is Finland.
    --Among 141 nations, ...
    --Of 141 nations, ...
    Hi philanguy,
    Your three choices are all okay, I think. However, I suggest you 1) add "a" before "study" and 2) change "is" to "to be."

So you have
    "... nations, a study found the world's greenest, most livable place to be Finland.

It's also very good to structure it as suggested by Floise.
    Blues :)

< Previous | Next >