out of the box

luffy53

Chinese
hi everyone,

here is a topic given by my forein teacher' How i plan to get myself out of the box and stay out!'

according to Wiki, 'out of the box' means creative thinking ,if so what is the meaning of ' stay out'? and 'stay out' what?

thank you!​

• Copyright

American English
    We have no idea what the context is, so it's difficult to give you an answer. Or perhaps your teacher expects you to create your own context: your "box," for example, might be over-eating, not having friends, not doing well in school, etc. So you might describe what your box is and how you're going to change your situation ... permanently ("and stay out"). Again, we don't know what the intention is.

Please remember that we use appropriate capitalization on the forum -- we're not a text-messaging service. :)

luffy53

Chinese
    There is no context. This is a homework assignment but the teacher didn't give any explinationn on it. Therefore, I am really confused about it :confused:

Copyright

American English
    Then you make up your own context as I suggested in post 2. Describe your own personal "box" and then describe how you'll get out of it and stay out of it. It sounds like a creative thinking question. If it's not, then it's a very poor question and you have no hope at all. :)

In my test-taking experience, as long as you can justify your interpretation of the question, then you'll be fine. If your teacher is a westerner, that's probably even more true.

< Previous | Next >