Overall Hypothesis of Architecture of System

< Previous | Next >

mickey0

italian (northern)
Overall Hypothesis of Architetture of System

Hello,
every time I change upon phrase like that, I struggle with it. A thing never understood,in fact, is this:

Overall Hypothesis of Architetture of System VS Overall Hypothesis of Architetture System (title of a scientific paper)

Which is fine? Any helps? Any links? How does this is called grammatically? (so I'll check on some book)

Regards.

• Copyright

American English
    Are you wondering why there is an "of" in front of the first "System"? Did you put it there? You'll need to be more specific about your question. In the title of the paper, "architecture" is an adjective and "system" is a noun.

mickey0

italian (northern)
    No, I'm wondering which is fine and possibily why. Is the the "of" necessary? If yes, where and why? I'm writing it myself. Undoubtedly 'overall' is adjective; 'Architecture' doens't seem to me an adjective, and frankly I can't see how it could be. So probably I have few problems to recogne adjectives. Can it be an adjective? How is it call this grammatically? Thanks
    thanks

Copyright

American English
    Architecture System is the same as Wedding Ceremony. Nouns can be used as adjectives -- think kitty litter. :)

I'll let someone else respond with the grammatical rules.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Both are correct, but they mean different things.

"Overall Hypothesis of Architecture System" is about a system. What kind of system? An architecture system, a system of architecture.

"Overall Hypothesis of Architecture of System" is about an architecture. What architecture? The architecture of the system.

So, the question is: which do you want to say?

Aside from that, I don't think you can have a hypothesis of an architecture or a system. A hypothesis is something you think is true, but which still must be proved. Do you mean a proposal, a suggestion?

mickey0

italian (northern)
    Yes, I meant something like "preliminary proposal", maybe 'draft proposal of' is the right word? The word 'Suggestion' doesn't appear to me technical/formal enough.
    Maybe "Overall outline" ?

The title means that "I'm going to describe a possibile design of a system"; The design describes how components of the system are put together. So I'm going to describe the architecture of this system. I really can't say which one I need! They two solutions above really confuse me...

EDIT: by the way: shoundn't it be "Overall Proposal of the Architecture of the System" ? (so many "of" and "the" don't sound good to me)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >