Overstaying one's welcome

< Previous | Next >
  • Old Novice

    Senior Member
    USA, English
    Do we have an English word for "overstaying one's welcome", :tick: in the sense that a government might have outlived its usefulness? :tick:

    Thanks for your help with this.
    "Overstaying one's welcome" is already an English idiom, of course, as is "outlived its usefulness". :D

    Some other alternatives might be: outmoded, outdated, past its prime, obsolete, obsolescent, hopelessly old-fashioned, and ready for the trash heap/junk pile.
    < Previous | Next >