1. MissEliott Senior Member

French
    Hello all

Please help me with this sentence (from Spanish to English)

Estaba detenido a la entrada de una rotonda debido al intenso tráfico ocupando el carril de la izquierda y el vehículo asegurado se dispone a adelantar por la derecha a causa de lo cual lo raza.

My go :

He was stopped at the entrance of a roundabout due to heavy traffic As he was stopped on the left lane, the insured was about to overtake on the inside lane and scraped it.

Thanks!

2. Aquical

Aquical Senior Member

Washington
    México Spanish

3. Jink Senior Member

Spanish - Chile
    He was pulled over at the entrance of a roundabout due to the heavy traffic. As he was stopped on the left lane it started to overtake using the right lane. Because of this, the insured vehicle scraped it.

4. Aquical

Aquical Senior Member

Washington
    México Spanish
    Actually when you talk about beeing pulled over you are saying that the police stopped you.

5. Santiaguito Member

Seattle
    English (USA)
    If a person is being pulled over, then it means the police are stopping that person. But someone can "pull over", meaning they need to go to stop on the side of the road, for any reason.

6. TheJibbler Member

London
    UK, English
    In this context he is simply waiting for a gap in the traffic, so "pulled over" would be misleading.

I would say:

He was waiting at the entrance to a roundabout due to heavy traffic. As he was waiting in the left lane, the other vehicle started to overtake using the right lane. As a result, the insured vehicle scraped his vehicle.