Périmètre de la métropole

Franglais

English. England.
Périmètre de la métropole = Metropolis Boundry? Outreach?

Périmètre retenu = ???

What could these be in English? They are titles for a case study on a world city.

Thanks in advance...

• Franglais

English. England.
    Ah yes, but it's an official report. City limits sounds more like song lyrics to me!?

Perhaps if I include the text, it will help?

The title is Périmètre de la métropole, and then it has: Périmètre retenu: (and my translation which is ok, but just to help those answering):
    A large part of municipal services and infrastructure is managed by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation, or BMC, which makes up India's richest municipal administration.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    No, unless you have contra-indications, périmètre in such a context means "area".

(OK, I know that any mathematician will immediately argue, quite correctly, that perimeter is a length (2 pi r) and that area is, well, area (pi r squared). But area is what most French people mean by périmètre. Tell them to go back to school, not me.)

In your title, I'd say: Area covered.

Franglais

English. England.
    Most appreciated. It's quite frustrating when you know what it means and could easily explain it to somebody, but finding the exact words can be irritatingly simple in the end!

< Previous | Next >