pad google results

gambheyhey

Chinese
R____Com, a company that charges [a fee] to monitor references to its subscribers found on blogs and other sites. R____Com also offers to remove or hide negative content about customers. The service sends friendly requests to offending sites, refers customers to lawyers and creates innocuous blogs and social networking pages to pad Google search results.

I guess "to pad" means to increase the search results, but why does the company do that? Does it create blogs that say nice things about its customers so that the negative content in the search results will be overwhelmed by them?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • JamesM

The larger the number of Google entries, the higher the company is likely to rank in the list fo companies shown during a search, or so the theory goes. I imagine they are padding Google results to increase the company's visibility in Google and, indirectly, to increase potential business.

blini

English - English ;-)
    Hi gambheyhey,
    The service sends friendly requests to offending sites, refers customers to lawyers and creates innocuous blogs and social networking pages to pad Google search results.

Adding to JamesM's comment about increased visibility, I think there's an aim of improving the ratio of positive/neutral (innocuous) sites to negative ones as returned in Google, so that anyone clicking a link will have a greater chance of it containing a 'not negative' reference to the company.

< Previous | Next >