Padron electoral

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Lobato, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. Lobato New Member

    USA Spanish
    como traduzco padron electoral al ingles?

    El contexto es "La Corte Electoral podria alterar el padron electoral lo cual llevaria a fraude"

  2. emeraldisle Senior Member

    Barcelona, Spain
    Ireland (English)
    un padrón electoral es "electoral roll" en inglés.
  3. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

    Or "voting roll"
  4. SamuelBCN New Member

    English - Commonwealth
    I've not hear 'voting roll' before. I think that's AmE.
  5. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

    It is used in US English. See use in this article from the Carter Center regarding elections in Nicaragua:

    For example:

    "The Carter Center sent a group of 11 experts from Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ireland, the UK, and the U.S. to Nicaragua for the purpose of observing citizen verification of the voting rolls during the weekend of June 17 and 18, 2006."
  6. Mahavir

    Mahavir Senior Member

    Los Angeles, CA
    México - Spanish
    I know it's a little late to reply to this post, but for those who might ask the same question, in California we use General Election Voter Registration List(s), or the shorter version of voter registration list(s).

    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. elcarnicero88 Senior Member

    "Voter registration list" does sound a bit more natural to me than "voting roll".
  8. Lobato New Member

    USA Spanish
    Holy crap! thanks guys.

Share This Page