pagar muy por debajo del precio de mercado

tonguingaround

Banned
Spanish Argentina
Hola:
Necesito decir lo siguiente:
"Estuve pensando en los honorarios que el colegio me paga por dar clases y realmente considero que ustedes están pagando muy por debajo del precio de mercado. ¿Considerarían un aumento de honorarios"?

Quiero saber si "way below the market price" está bien. Muchas gracias.

My attempt: "I ve been considering the fees that the school pays me to give classes and I really think the amount being paid is way below the market price. Would you consider a pay raise?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • whiterabbitg

english-us
    Greetings tonguingaround,

I think your attempt is completely admirable and totally acceptable. Perfect.

Saludos

tonguingaround

Banned
    Spanish Argentina
    Muchas gracias.
    ¿Te referís solamente a "way below the market price" o el resto de la frase también lo ves bien?

Last edited by a moderator:

gengo

American English
    "Estuve pensando en los honorarios que el colegio me paga por dar clases y realmente considero que ustedes estàn pagando muy por debajo del precio de mercado. ¿Considerarìan un aumento de honorarios ?"

"I ve been considering the fees that the school pays me to give classes and I really think the amount being paid is way below the market price. Would you consider a pay raise ?"
    Estoy de acuerdo en que es buena la traducción de la parte en negrita, pero yo no diría "fees" en este contexto.

Te sugiero la siguiente.
    I've been considering the pay that the school gives me to teach classes, and I really think the amount being paid is way below the market price. Would you consider a pay raise?

whiterabbitg

english-us
    I don't really see a problem with"fees". The Oxford shows "honorarios" as such. And "fees" is given as;

1A payment made to a professional person or to a professional or public body in exchange for advice or services.More example sentences
    • These are associated with legal fees and professional services which are yet to be fully completed.
    • The price may be as various as the amount paid for a specific commodity, an hourly wage rate, or a professional fee for technical advice, or an insurance premium and so on.
    • Such a body could charge a fee for their services, which participating hospitals would only be willing to pay.

In the same vein, "....... the school gives me pay" sounds strange to the ear. "Give" or "teach" classes both sound ok to me.

I'm always open to other interpretations....... but I think I'll stick with the man's original translation.

Thanks
    Saludos

gengo

American English
    You'll notice that I didn't say the original translation was incorrect. I just gave what I personally would say, which sounds more natural to my ear.

whiterabbitg

english-us
    My apologies gengo, if I gave the impression that any statements were incorrect. I also, was only giving an interpretation and attempting to maintain

tonguingaround on a clear heading.

A difference in interpretations is always welcome, and it keeps me learning new things from members of this forum.

Saludos

tonguingaround

Banned
    Spanish Argentina
    Thanks all of you guys and I am really proud of myself I came up with the right translation in my first attempt, I am sure WR has a lot to do with this.

< Previous | Next >