Pagare per il disturbo

motorhead

Italian
Pagare per il disturbo

Hi all, is there a way express this sentence in english? I thought of 'pay for the trouble' but I've never heard of it nor it appears to be common from a google search.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • CPA

British English/Italian - bilingual
    "Pay for the trouble" trova molte occorrenze googlando. Magari se ci dai una frase intera possiamo capire meglio in che senso intendi l'espressione.

motorhead

Italian
    "Pay for the trouble" trova molte occorrenze googlando. Magari se ci dai una frase intera possiamo capire meglio in che senso intendi l'espressione.
    Si, non mi sembravano che corrispondessero all' espressione in italiano. Non ho una frase da tradurre, pagare per il disturbo in genere si usa in un contesto 'formale' quando si chiede un favore ma si è anche disposti appunto a pagare quel favore, cercavo qualcosa di simile in inglese.

Last edited:

theartichoke

English - Canada
    The phrase "pay you for your trouble" comes to mind, if we're talking about a situation like "Would you be able to bring me a case of champagne when you come back from France? I'll pay you for your trouble, of course."

"Pay for the trouble" without the personal pronouns makes me think of someone who has caused trouble and now is going to pay (be punished) for it.:)

motorhead

Italian
    The phrase "pay you for your trouble" comes to mind, if we're talking about a situation like "Would you be able to bring me a case of champagne when you come back from France? I'll pay you for your trouble, of course."

"Pay for the trouble" without the personal pronouns makes me think of someone who has caused trouble and now is going to pay (be punished) for it.:)
    Yes, this is what I was looking for. Thanks for input.

< Previous | Next >