page blend effect

txiki15

Spanish-Spain
Hi everybody!

Trying to understand a web administration program, my husband couldn't grasp the meaning of one of the options, and I could not help because I don't understand it either!

The option is: "Enable page blend efect"

Could someone tell me what that is option supposed to mean / to do?

I was about to write this question in the English-Spanish forum, but I realized that I had no clue of the meaning at all, so I thoght I'd better post it here.

Thanks in advance!

• xqby

English (U.S.)
    Well gosh, that makes three of us who don't know. I'd say that it would cause the pages to blend together when you move from one to another; that is, to make the older one fade out instead of change immediately. It's certainly neither idiomatic English nor particularly clear though.

Try turning it on, see what happens ;)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    The feature xqby describes would normally be described as crossfade, but it's the only possibility I can think of for "page blend effect".

Franzi

(San Francisco) English
    I see some references on google to "page blend" meaning a smooth transition between pages, but I'm not sure how that's actually achieved. It sounds like the program designers have just made up a name for one of the features. Do you have a manual? Maybe if you tell us the name of the program, someone will have used it before and will remember the feature.

Matching Mole

England, English
    Yes, it does sound like a transition; such as what in cinematography is called a "dissolve". Internet Explorer had such an effect built in which could be enabled by a command in the web page header. The transition could be effected in various graphical ways (e.g. the next page falls like a curtain over the first). I don't recall ever visiting a web site that used it though!

"Blend" seems are reasonable enough term, as both pages are mixed in front of your eyes until the second page fully resolves.