Panjabi: سادگى تے اسدے نال...

Gope

Tamil
from shahaabnaamah, p.65
QS SaaHib's Urdu teacher Mangal Singh explains a Ghalib couplet in Panjabi:
سادگى، پر كارى، بے خودى و ہشیاری
حسن كو تغافل میں جرات آزما پايا
اس شعر كو انہوں نے ہمیں یوں سمجھایا-
"سادگى تے اسدے نال پركارى، بے خودى تے اسدے نال نال ہشیاری-حسن نوں تغافل دے وچ كيا پايا؟ شاعر کہندا اسے اس نے حسن توں تغافل دے وچ جرات آزما پايا-لئ اينى جئ گال سى-غالب شعر بناندا بناندا مر گيا-میں شعر سمجھاندے سمجھاندے مر جانا اے-تہاڈے کوڑھ مغزاں دے پلے ککھ نہیں پينا-اگے چلو-
Could this explanation be translated into Urdu? (Kindly overlook any typing mistakes). Thanks.:)

• Alfaaz

English
    Gope said:
    "سادگى تے اسدے نال پركارى، بے خودى تے اسدے نال نال ہشیاری-حسن نوں تغافل دے وچ كيا پايا؟ شاعر کہندا اسے اس نے حسن توں تغافل دے وچ جرات آزما پايا-لئ اينى جئ گال سى-غالب شعر بناندا بناندا مر گيا-میں شعر سمجھاندے سمجھاندے مر جانا اے-تہاڈے کوڑھ مغزاں دے پلے ککھ نہیں پينا-اگے چلو-
    Could this explanation be translated into Urdu? (Kindly overlook any typing mistakes). Thanks.
    اردو ترجمہ: سادگى اور اسکے ساتھ پركارى، بے خودى اور اسکے ساتھ ہشیاری۔ حسن کو تغافل میں (کے اندر) كيا پايا؟ شاعر کہتا ہے اس نے حسن کو تغافل میں جرات آزما پايا۔ لو اتنی سی بات تھی۔ غالب شعر بناتا بناتا مر گیا۔ میں نےشعر سمجھاتے سمجھاتے مر جانا ہے۔ تمہارے کوڑھ مغزوں کے پلے خاک نہیں پڑنا۔ آگے چلو

There may be mistakes in the translation!

Gope

Tamil
    اردو ترجمہ: سادگى اور اسکے ساتھ پركارى، بے خودى اور اسکے ساتھ ہشیاری۔ حسن کو تغافل میں (کے اندر) كيا پايا؟ شاعر کہتا ہے اس نے حسن کو تغافل میں جرات آزما پايا۔ لو اتنی سی بات تھی۔ غالب شعر بناتا بناتا مر گیا۔ میں نےشعر سمجھاتے سمجھاتے مر جانا ہے۔ تمہارے کوڑھ مغزوں کے پلے خاک نہیں پڑنا۔ آگے چلو

Thanks, Alfaaz SaaHib.
    "tumhaare koDh maGhzoN ke palle xaak nahiiN paRnaa" means what?

Alfaaz

English
    Which words/phrases are you having trouble with Gope SaaHib? Here is the definition of کوڑھ. Does that help in understanding the sentence?

Alfaaz

English
    Here is an alternate translation (perhaps closer to the original?!): palle kuchh bhi naheeN paRaa - kuchh bhi naheeN samajh meN aayaa

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Deliberate or a slip?

Alfaaz

English
    ^ Kind of deliberate, because it seemed to follow the pattern of the original better (main...ae instead of main nuN...ae). This was one of the reasons why I had mentioned that there might be mistakes in the translation. The other was kakkh.

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    ^ Kind of deliberate, because it seemed to follow the pattern of the original better (main...ae instead of main nuN...ae). This was one of the reasons why I had mentioned that there might be mistakes in the translation. The other was kakkh.
    In the original there is no "ne".

Alfaaz

English
    ^ It seems this might be due to my lack of understanding this concept of Punjabi! If you remember, we had a similar discussion in another thread where you had shed light on this concept, but it seems I unfortunately didn't have that in mind while posting in this thread! Any comments or suggestion for ککھ?

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    Any comments or suggestion for ککھ?
    I think you have replaced P. kakkh with U. xaak and it was a good choice. Of course both words are not the same but in the idiom it is quite an equivalent. There is some thread where I used it in a post in exactly the same meaning.