(part 2) (audio essay)

< Previous | Next >

Michelle Green

Chinese
Hi all,
If an article is divided into two parts, and I also want to tell people this article is an "audio essay," how should I word the title?

1. Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement (Part 2) Audio Essay
2. Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement (Part 2) (Audio Essay)
3. Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement (Part 2, Audio Essay)

PS: "Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement" is the title of the article.
Which one do you think is OK? If all are weird, could you give me some suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

• coiffe

USA
    American English
    I would just say "Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement (Part 2)." I think you would already have indicated somewhere else that it's an audio essay. Where are you putting this information? On a piece of paper, on a webpage, on the label of a CD . . .? If you have to put them together, I think my choice would be (Audio Essay, Part 2). But the reverse is probably okay too (Part 2, Audio Essay). Keep both elements within one set of parentheses.

Michelle Green

Chinese
    I would just say "Breaking Through Satan's Tight Encirclement (Part 2)." I think you would already have indicated somewhere else that it's an audio essay. Where are you putting this information? On a piece of paper, on a webpage, on the label of a CD . . .? If you have to put them together, I think my choice would be (Audio Essay, Part 2). But the reverse is probably okay too (Part 2, Audio Essay). Keep both elements within one set of parentheses.
    I will put it on a webpage.
    Thank you for your suggestion. :)

coiffe

USA
    American English
    If you plan to identify it as an audio essay on the same line as the title, then you will have to say that for Part 1 -- (Audio Essay, Part 1) but you could just say (Part 2) for the second part, since the whole thing has already been identified as an audio essay. Depends a little on the layout, how it looks, how much room you have, etc.

Michelle Green

Chinese
    If you plan to identify it as an audio essay on the same line as the title, then you will have to say that for Part 1 -- (Audio Essay, Part 1) but you could just say (Part 2) for the second part, since the whole thing has already been identified as an audio essay. Depends a little on the layout, how it looks, how much room you have, etc.
    Many thanks. Yes, I will use the title of part one on another webpage.:)

< Previous | Next >