Participate on a human level

SuperKaz

Русский
Hello everyone. English is not my native language. So i need a little help with it :).
I try to translate some phrases, but I can't exactly understand what it means. It is interview with Jacque Fresco director of the Venus Project. So, he says: "This is real democracy. This is where you participate on a human level".
I have a question about second sentence. I've been thinking about it a lot and i have ideas to translate, but i'm afraid of mistake. It seems to me that "participate on a human level" means that people participate in social life(be integral part of society with you own role) or something like that.
Tell me please if i'm wrong or there are other meanings here.
P.S. Sorry for inaccuracy in text :confused:

• owlman5

English-US
    It seems to me that "participate on a human level" means that people participate in social life(be integral part of society with you own role) or something like that.
    You have the right idea, SuperKaz.

"This is real democracy. This is where you participate on a human level".
    If you "participate on a human level" in democracy, you actively participate in democracy.

He seems to be telling us that this is a situation in which people actually have a chance to change things with their votes. Perhaps he is referring to a local election. In local elections, each individual vote is more important than it is in national elections because the total number of voters is smaller.

< Previous | Next >