partway through the events

< Previous | Next >

seeeker

Please help me figure out the meaning of the phrase "partway through the events" in the following sentence from the description of the game Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells:

The game’s approximately 1,000 puzzles chronicle Harry and the gang’s early adventures, from their first year at Hogwarts to partway through the events of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I am assuming that the sentence would make complete sense even if the words "partway through the" are taken out. Am I correct in assuming this?

Thank you for your time.

• owlman5

English-US
    I am assuming that the sentence would make complete sense even if the words "partway through the" are taken out. Am I correct in assuming this?
    Not really. It would be okay to omit partway through, but it wouldn't make much sense to omit the definite article the before the noun events: The game’s approximately 1,000 puzzles chronicle Harry and the gang’s early adventures, from their first year at Hogwarts to the events of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Partway through
    expresses the idea that the game includes some of the events from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but it doesn't include all of them.

< Previous | Next >