party photos / photos from the party / photos of the party

sunnyweather

Polish
Hello,

I wonder which option is correct and which is the most natural when you want to talk about the photos you took at a party. we assume that both speakers know which party the photos refer too as there has been more information about the party in the e-mail.

a) I've sent you some party photos.

b) I've sent you some photos from the party.

c) I've sent you some photos of the party.

I suppose option a is the most natural and b is OK, too. Am I right?

• much_rice

English - American
    I think a) is the least natural.

b) means photos taken at the party. Presumably it shows the party guests and decorations, but it could also be photos of individual people that you just happened to snap at the party.

c) means photos that show a good representation of the party itself. "Photos of the party" will have to show people partying, the food and drink, the decorations or dancing.

If there's a photo of a certain chair somewhere in your house, but there's no one in the chair, that would be a photo "from the party" if it was taken while the party was going on. But it probably wouldn't be a photo "of the party." It just looks like a chair.

sunnyweather

Polish
    I see. Thank you very much for your comments much_rice and The Newt. Much_rice, your comments are particularly helpful. Thank you again. :)

< Previous | Next >