pass the tranquil and peaceful time

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was wondering whether this phrase is idiomatic in the sentence:

"The rolling waves polish the stones that record the past and pass the tranquil and peaceful time."

Thoughts: The rolling waves spend its time polishing the stones.

• Mahantongo

English (U.S.)
    The entire idea is unnatural. Stones are inanimate objects that do not notice the passage of time, and that do not ever enjoy the feelings of peace or tranquility.

Sun14

Chinese
    The entire idea is unnatural. Stones are inanimate objects that do not notice the passage of time, and that do not ever enjoy the feelings of peace or tranquility.
    I would apologize not telling that this is written in a tourist brochure. In such text, is it possible to write like this?

Mahantongo

English (U.S.)
    Clearly it is possible; you have the evidence in your hand. However, does the fact that it is possible to string these words together into a sentence make that sentence any less unnatural? Unfortunately, no, it doesn't; whether in a brochure or not, the sentence is neither idiomatic nor natural.

Sun14

Chinese
    Clearly it is possible; you have the evidence in your hand. However, does the fact that it is possible to string these words together into a sentence make that sentence any less unnatural? Unfortunately, no, it doesn't; whether in a brochure or not, the sentence is neither idiomatic nor natural.
    Get it. Thank you very much.

< Previous | Next >