Passerelle Numérique

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
French-Canadian English-US
Hi all,

This probably shows my age but in the old days of telecommunications, we referred to bridges or gateways when a switch simply did the passing of the information without too much changes.
I am talking about the use of equipment, in the analog to digital TV change about what we call 'passerelles numériques' in French which are installed 'à la tête du réseau'.
So should I say we install numeric gateways (or bridges) at the top of the network?
Any techies out there that can help?
  • < Previous | Next >