1. ando51 Senior Member

UK, English
    Hello all,
    this comes from a hotel menu...does it simply mean fresh pasta as opposed to dried?
    thanks,
    ando
    PATES FRAICHEUR 13,50 EUROS
    Tomates cerise, roquette, copeaux de parmesan, pignon de pin, huile d’olive

2. flotche Member

No I guess it makes reference to the "accompagnement" (tomates, roquette, ...) which is considered as being "fresh"

3. Aoyama Senior Member

川崎市、巴里 (黎)
    français Clodoaldien
    Something like this. It is then not the pasta which is fresh (though it could be) but what goes with the pasta, here mainly cherry tomatoes and rucola leaves.
    Maybe a bit bold to call that "fraîcheur" ...

4. ando51 Senior Member

UK, English
    Thank you. I think I'll have to keep the French name, can't think of an English equivalent,
    ando

5. Aoyama Senior Member

川崎市、巴里 (黎)
    français Clodoaldien
    "Freshness pasta" could work (?). Keep in mind that Pâtes Fraîcheur is also a bit puzzling in French already, to start with ...

6. Bastos Senior Member

French
    Pâtes Fraîcheur : I agree, it refers to the fresh side vegetables that are sold with the pastas

FYI

"Pâtes Fraîches" is also a term that exists, Pâtes Fraîches are different from regular pastas.

Pâtes Fraîches are more expensive (+30%) are not dry like regular ones. When you cook them, they just need to be boiled maybe 1.5 or 2 minutes instead of 6 to 8 minutes.

It's much tastier and refined to me :)

7. Aoyama Senior Member

川崎市、巴里 (黎)
    français Clodoaldien
    That is true, but not the case here (only the Tomates cerises and the roquette are involved here to qualify for Fraîcheur ).
    Now, one could also argue (or hope) that real Pâtes Fraîcheur would also include Pâtes Fraîches ontologically ...