Pathway Course

patsmith

Italian
Hello,
I am translating a website concerning pre-University courses. The title of the page I am dealing with is: ENGLISH AND PATHWAY COURSES, and I am not sure about the meaning of "pathway" here. I have thought about "INGLESE E CORSI DI PREPARAZIONE"; but then, in the same page and as parts of a more detailed list, I find:

FOUNDATION PATHWAY: Improve your subject knowledge, English and study skills for undergraduate study.
PRE MASTER'S PATHWAY: Improve your subject knowledge, English and study skills for postgraduate study.

So, I thought that translating them as
CORSO DI PREPARAZIONE PRE-UNIVERSITARIO (or CORSO DI PREPARAZIONE ALL'UNIVERSITA)
CORSO DI PREPARAZIONE PRE-MAGISTRALE (or CORSO DI PREPARAZIONE ALLA MAGISTRALE)

could be OK, but I am not 100% sure.

Or would it be better something like CORSO PROPEDEUTICO? Then the title would become:
INGLESE E CORSI PROPEDEUTICI
And:
CORSO PROPEDEUTICO PRE-UNIVERSITARIO
CORSO PROPEDEUTICO PRE-MAGISTRALE

Or, would it be preferable to stick to its basic meaning/translation = PERCORSO?
INGLESE E PERCORSO PROPEDEUTICO..?
etc..

not so sure...

Thank you so much for your help and suggestions!!

Pat

• Paulfromitaly

Italian
    What Is A Pathway Course?

University Pathways are for international students who want to study in the UK, but do not have the qualifications for direct entry to a university degree. Most pathways take 3 - 9 months and teach a combination of academic subjects, English language and study skills. In most cases, successful completion of a pathway course guarantees progression to your chosen degree.
    Se questa spiegazione è attendibile, allora "corso propedeutico" ha senso.

(Non scrivere tutto in maiuscole per favore)

< Previous | Next >