Patron

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feña

Chile - Español
I need two scentences with the word "patron" as a customer or visitor... could you help me please... it's for a homework for today....

cheers... :D

• Feña

Chile - Español
    I tried but I don't understand the meaning of "patron"... my theacher gave us the follow definition: Patron: Customer or visitor. that's all ... I don't understand with that definition.

Suehil

Medemod
    British English
    Well, a high-class restaurant would call its customers 'patrons'.
    A 'patron' can also be someone who supports something - 'a patron of the arts'
    Does that help?

Feña

Chile - Español
    Huh!... right!... that's better!!... thanks a looooooot!!!!!!!!!

so if I write: 1. The patron complainted for the bad atention in the restaurant
    2. All the patrons ran away because the earthquake

is that ok?

Suehil

Medemod
    British English
    'The patron complained about the bad service in the restaurant' is fine.
    In your second sentence you would need to specify what they were patrons of - perhaps something like 'All the patrons ran out of the hotel....'

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Rule #18
    These forums do not provide free schoolwork. If you want help with a school assignment, you are required to do your own work first. Then, and only then, may you post it with a request for help with specific doubts.

Those responding to such requests should NOT rewrite the student's homework, but suggestions for areas of improvement are acceptable. It serves no useful purpose to have students present our work as if it were their own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >