Patta x Stussy

< Previous | Next >

meijin

Japanese
Hi, the following is from Look Inside the Patta x Stussy New York City Pop-Up Shop.

Today marks the release of the highly anticipated Patta x Stussy capsule collection. Launching at Patta Amsterdam and Stussy NYC locations, the two brands are hosting a temporary pop-up shop in New York City that will be stocking NY-exclusive products along with the aforementioned co-branded range, which includes a series of embroidered crewneck sweatshirts, graphic print long-sleeves and T-shirts.

Is it normal to use "x" (instead of "&") like that when referring to collaboration between two brands, companies, etc.?

• Graciela J

Spanish - Argentina
    Maybe it refers to this?

In art or fashion, the use of X indicates a collaboration by two or more artists, e.g. Aaron Koblin x Takashi Kawashima. This application, which originated in Japan, now extends to other kinds of collaboration outside the art world.[11] This usage mimics the use of a similar mark in denoting botanical hybrids, for which scientifically the multiplication sign (×) is used, but informally a lowercase "x" is also used.
    X - Wikipedia

meijin

Japanese
    Great. Thank you very much for the link and the quote, Graciela. :thumbsup:
    (I thought only we Japanese use "x" that way, but I was wrong...)

Andygc

British English
    When I started reading the thread I assumed it was using 'x' with the botanical meaning - a hybrid of the two companies. Then I got to Graciela J's post which suggests that I assumed correctly. :)

< Previous | Next >