pay for it

< Previous | Next >

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was looking for the right term to refer to such action: someone don't follower certain rules and be published. I think of a phrase "pay for it", I made up a sentence and welcome your advice:

"He is a man who is extremely blunt. Sometime he has to pay for this characteristic."

Thoughts: He is very straightforward, so sometimes he will comment his friend and doesn't care his friend's feeling, which loses many friends.

• stez

english - australia
    Do you mean punished?

Here's an example: If I drink too much wine tonight, I will pay for it tomorrow. (That is, I will be tired and have a bad headache)

Sun14

Chinese
    Do you mean punished?

Here's an example: If I drink too much wine tonight, I will pay for it tomorrow. (That is, I will be tired and have a bad headache)
    Maybe "punish" is too much to describe a result which will bring some trouble for you. I think your example is what I want. Is there any synonym of "pay for"?

stez

english - australia
    I asked about 'punish' because your original post says 'published' which doesn't seem to fit into the context!

Another way to express it, in the context I used in my previous post, is 'to regret it'.

Sun14

Chinese
    I asked about 'punish' because your original post says 'published' which doesn't seem to fit into the context!

Another way to express it, in the context I used in my previous post, is 'to regret it'.
    I see. It should be "published". Thank you very much.

< Previous | Next >