paying attention & nodding.

Hi everyone,

I was looking for the commonly used verb to describe when someone is not being attentive or listening carefully to someone else.

Ex: Someone is talking to me, and I'm not paying attention to what they say at all, instead, I keep nodding my my head and saying ok, yes, that's right....etc.

So I say I ___ him. What's the missing verb?
  • Inglip

    Senior Member
    English - UK
    I don't think there is one. We just say 'Not paying attention.' There is no verb that can be done onto another than means to not pay attention to them.
    < Previous | Next >