PDI (Human Resources)

patsmith

Italian
Hello, does anyone know what PDI means / stands for, in the Human resources terminology?
I'm struggling to undertand if and how I shall translate it in Italian.
Thank you.

• Paulfromitaly

Italian

patsmith

Italian
    Ciao Starless e Paulfromitaly e grazie per il riscontro. La frase che vi riporto fa parte di un tutorial online di una grande internazionale sul recruiting:
    "Click the People OrgChart, then the part about yourself. Here you can direclty access to your Employee Form or even your PDI form".
    Spero che sia più chiaro, grazie!!

QuasiTriestino

American English
    PDI può significare tante, tante cose (pre-delivery inventory, Plumbing and Drainage Institute, etc.) Però Personal Data Inventory forse è quello che cerchi se si tratta di human resources. Però se un'abbreviazione del genere è scritta in un documento, m'immagino che ci sarà la descrizione da qualche parte.

Infatti, PDI può essere anche Personal Development Institute che è un istituto del Università di North Texas e mi pare che hanno un programma di human resources.

Forse un po' più informazione del uso di PDI ci aiuterà.

Last edited:

patsmith

Italian
    Thanks everyone, actually PERSONAL DATA INVENTORY sounds perfect in this context. You're great guys! Grazie

tsoapm

English (England)
    http://pdiform.com/ "Personal Data Inventory (PDI) forms are a great way to collect basic information before starting counseling".
    Though this may in fact be the correct term, I feel I out to point out that counseling is often something separate from HR (my employer referred me to an external counselor once; I expect that's quite a common arrangement). Also, a glance at the site in the link presented me with some pretty dubious English. I don't think it's by a native speaker.

Mary49

Italian
    Also, a glance at the site in the link presented me with some pretty dubious English. I don't think it's by a native speaker.
    I don't know, here is what I have found about the site:
    "Who is behind PDIForm?
    PDIForm run by Gabriel Powell, a graduate of The Master's Seminary and certified through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors. He has a web development background and manages the Internet department at a respected non-profit ministry".
    Gabe Powell - Hope Bible Church "Pastor Gabe Powell was born in Argentina to missionary parents who soon returned to California".

tsoapm

English (England)
    You're right, a glance wasn't enough, but in fairness that 'symplifying' right at the top is horrific! :) And a hyphenated 'in-take' would be fussy enough in BE. I dare say in AE it looks fussier still.

< Previous | Next >