(peak / zenith / summit / top / crest / pinnacle) of glory

< Previous | Next >

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
Which one of the mentioned words in the list (peak / zenith / summit / top / crest / pinnacle) can be used for the noun "glory"?

• Procol

British English
    Hi

Difficult without more context... on the face of it I wouldn't use any of them. I'd probably use "height" (of one's glory).

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    For instance: In the previous Olympic games, our wrestling team, gaining 4 gold medals reached the ... of glory

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Of the choices you provide, I would probably use "pinnacle." Neither "top" nor "crest" works at all.

I agree with Procol; I would use "height of its glory."

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    Of the choices you provide, I would probably use "pinnacle." Neither "top" nor "crest" works at all.

I agree with Procol; I would use "height of its glory."
    So as I understood, you believe that the word "height" works better that the word "pinnacle" in combination with the word "Glory" at all! Am I right?
    For example:
    Our champions are in the height of glory
    That singer, receiving the Grammy award, reached the height of glory among his compatriots
    Am I right?

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It would sound better (to my ears, at least) to say "Our champions are at the height of their glory."

The second sentence doesn't sound natural to me, but that may be a matter of personal style, as I tend to avoid such overwrought language. Perhaps someone else will come along with more constructive guidance.

< Previous | Next >