peak / zenith / summit / top / crest / pinnacle

< Previous | Next >

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
Which one of the following bold words sound more suitable to be used along with the underlined words?

<< --- other questions deleted --- >>

5. The most of successful people, have reached the peak / zenith / summit / top / crest / pinnacle of success alone

Last edited by a moderator:
  • tepatria

Canadian English
    "Pinnacle of success" is a set phrase. Most successful people or the most successful people, not both. In this context I think most successful is correct.:confused:

Last edited:

A-friend

Persian (Farsi)
    "Pinnacle of success" is a set phrase. Most successful people or the most successful people, not both. In this context I think most successful is correct.:confused:
    Thanks Tepatria
    Yes; you are right! It was just a little typo :) but as your suggestion was the word "pinnacle", could you please do me a favor ant let me know your reason? Why you do not use the other words? Was it just a matter of style or all natives like you, use only this word from the list above?

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    As Tepatria said, "pinnacle of success" is a set (common) phrase. That doesn't mean you must use it, only that it would be the most natural choice. A synonym, such as peak, would also work.

< Previous | Next >